Friday 12 May 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Kahn and Paul Stout in Saugus.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1972 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Michelle Kahn: Miss Universe - Trinidad and Tobago (1996).
- Paul Stout in Saugus: California, USA; actor (Phillip - Scarecrow and Mrs King).
- Annette Albertson in Reno: Nevada, USA; Miss America-Nevada (1997).
- Jason Kyle: NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks).
- David Oaks: 100 metre/200 metre runner.
- Doug Basham: American wrestler
- Milwaukee Brewers beat Minn Twins, 4-3, in 22 innings (completed 5 / 13)
- Paul McCartney andWings release Mary Had a Little Lamb
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- America - A Horse With No Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?