Sunday 12 May 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tiffany Stoker in Clovis and Anna Ozolins.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1974 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Tiffany Stoker in Clovis: California, USA; Miss America (California-4th-1996).
- Anna Ozolins: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Tolga Çevik: Turkish actor.
- 28th NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks, 4 games to 3.
- Jo Ann Prentice wins LPGA American Defender-Raleigh Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?