Friday 12 May 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If I Can't Have You by Yvonne Elliman.
In UK Rivers Of Babylon / Brown Girl In The Ring by Boney M was in the top 5 hits.
F.I.S.T, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1978!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1978 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Amy Wheaton: Actress (Curse).
- Hossein Reza Zadeh: Iranian weightlifter.
- Wilfred Le Bouthillier: Canadian singer.
- Josh Phelps: American baseball player.
- Jason Biggs: American actor from age five when he appeared in several national commercials.
- Emilie Poucan: French victim of an aircrash, she died on her 32nd birthday while a passenger on the Afriqiyah Airways flight that crashed on landing in Tripoli, Libya. The flight originated in Johannesburg, South Africa at 21:37 local time the previous evening and was scheduled to arrive at 6 AM in Tripoli (local time) according to a BBC News report. The only survivor of the crash was a 10-year old child.
- Malin Akerman: Swedish-Canadian actress and model
- Malin Åkerman: Swedish-Canadian model actress and singer
- Aya Ishiguro: Japanese singer and fashion designer (Morning Musume and Tanpopo)
- Robert Coogan: American actor (Born 1924).
- Commerce Department says hurricane names will no longer be only female
- US Commerce Department announces that hurricane names will no longer be exclusively female.
- In Zaire, rebels occupy the city of Kolwezi, the mining center of the province of Shaba (now known as Katanga). The local government asks the U.S.A., France and Belgium to restore order.
- May 13 ampndash A group of mercenaries led by Bob Denard oust Ali Soilih in the Comoros 10 local soldiers are killed. Denard forms a new government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
- Roberta Flack - The Closer I Get To You
- Wings - With A Little Luck
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- Bee Gees - Night Fever
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Barry Manilow - Can't Smile Without You
- Jefferson Starship - Count On Me
- Kansas - Dust In The Wind
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - Imaginary Lover
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?