Monday 12 May 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Greatest Love Of All by Whitney Houston.
In UK The Chicken Song by Spitting Image was in the top 5 hits.
Top Gun, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Perfect Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1986!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1986 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Cara Sorbello: Reality Star.
- Emily VanCamp: TV Actress.
- Im Dong-Hyun: South Korean archer.
- Jonathan Orozco: Mexican footballer.
- Mouhamed Sene: Senegalese basketball player.
- Michael Dunahee: Canadian child, age four when he disappeared from a busy playground in Victoria, B.C. on 3/24/1991, 12:30 to 1:00 PM. His parents were playing ball nearby, a beautiful clear sunny day. The community massed financially and emotional to set up a vast manhunt; no trace ever found of the boy.
- Bicycle is pedaled 65 mph
- President Reagan appoints Dr James C Fletcher NASA Administrator
- US President Ronald Reagan appoints Dr James C Fletcher NASA Administrator.
- Fred Markham (US), unpaced and unaided by wind, is first to pedal 65 mph on a level course, at Big Sand Flat, California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?