Saturday 12 May 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 May 2007 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Kai Trump: American child of noted family, a daughter of Donald Trump, Jr.
- Teddy Infuhr: American former child actor (Born 1936).
- Riots in which over 50 people are killed and over 100 are injured take place in Karachi upon the arrival in town of the Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
- Guinean soldiers riot in the capital Conakry after the President of Guinea Lansana Conté fails to attend a meeting to discuss grievances over their pay and conditions. (BBC)
- A bomb placed on a bicycle was detonated in a bazaar in İzmir, Turkey wounding fifteen people just a day before the scheduled ampquotrepublic protestampquot in the city. One of the wounded was in a critical condition and later died in the hospital while most of the others were lightly wounded and were released from the hospital the same day. (Hürriyet)
- At least 33 people are killed and 120 are injured in violent protests organized by the political organization Muttahida Qaumi Movement (led by exiled Altaf Hussain) in the Pakistani city of Karachi. (CNN)
- Su Tseng-Chang resigns as the Premier of the Republic of China (Taiwan) following a loss in a primary election to be the Democratic Progressive Party candidate in the 2008 Taiwanese presidential election. (BBC)
- Voters in Armenia go to the polls to elect a new National Assembly of Armenia. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?