Sunday 12 November 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Duck Soup, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1933 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Jalal Talabani: Iraqi politician 6th President of Iraq.
- Peter Post: Dutch bicyclist (8x European Champion at Derny-drive).
- F Holland Day: American photographer and publisher (Born 1864).
- 1st known photo of Loch Ness monster (or whatever) is taken
- 1st Sunday football game in Philadelphia (previously illegal)
- Nazis receive 92% of vote in Germany
- The Century of Progress Exposition in Chicago closes (first of two years).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?