Thursday 12 November 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert White and Ruth Jessen.
The Plainsman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1936 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Robert White: Guitarist.
- Ruth Jessen: LPGA golfer.
- Mills Lane: American jurist, TV personality, and boxing referee.
- Mort Shuman: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1991).
- 1st TV Gardening show
- St. Louis Browns sold to Donald L Barnes and William O DeWitt
- Oakland Bay Bridge opens in California.
- In California, the San Francisco : Oakland Bay Bridge opens to traffic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?