Tuesday 12 November 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Jurgen Todenhofer: German politician.
- Ria Lubbers: Wife of Dutch Premier Ruud Lubbers.
- Michel Audet: Canadian economist and politician.
- Jürgen Todenhöfer: German judge and politician.
- Donald Wuerl: American ecclesiastic; Bishop Wuerl of Pittsburgh upholds the beliefs and principles of the Catholic Church but decried its secrecy during the sex abuse scandals of the early 2000s, and called for more openness and involvement of laypeople.
- Sam Winston: American entrepreneur who founded Winston Tire Co. in 1962 with a headquarters in a remodeled market in Burbank, CA. He is visible on TV, advertising his product while looking youthful and refreshingly amateurish. Uncomfortable doing the commercials, he says he only does them "because it works." As a hobby, he is an avid world-wide hunter and displays his trophies the walls of his office.
- Alejandro Garcia Caturla: Composer, dies at 34.
- Blizzard strikes midwestern US, 154 die (69 on boat on Great Lakes).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?