Wednesday 12 November 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Roeser and J C Crowley.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Donald Roeser: Rock guitarist / vocalist (Blue Oyster Cult).
- J C Crowley: Rocker.
- Ron Bryant: American baseball player.
- Buck Dharma (born Donald Roeser): American vocalist and guitarist (Blue Oyster Cult).
- Bruce Downey: American CEO of Barr Laboratories, a generic drugmaker and former lawyer who has challenged some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies, winning the rights to produce cheaper brands.
- Patrice Leconte: French film director, comic strip writer and screenwriter, best known for his movies "Les Bronzés" (1,2, and 3), "The Hairdesser's Husband", "Monsieur Hire", "Ridicule", and "The Suicide Shop" (2012).
- Buck Dharma: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blue Öyster Cult)
- Emmuska Orczy: British Author (Scarlet Pimpernel), dies at 82.
- KPO-AM in San Francisco CA changes call letters to KNBC (now KNBR)
- Schilderijenvervalser Han of Meegeren to 1 years jail sentenced
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?