Friday 12 November 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Boy with Green Hair, directed by Joseph Losey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1948 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Errol Brown: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rock vocalist (Hot Chocolate).
- Cliff Harris: American football player.
- Michel Polacco: French journalist, a reporter and editor.
- Richard Roberts: American executive of a multi-million-dollar corporation, the heir apparent to the evangelical empire of his dad, Oral Roberts.
- Claudio Risi: Italian film director and noted family, the son of famed director Dino Risi.
- Hassan Rouhani: Iranian politician, cleric, lawyer, academic and diplomat, who is currently the president-elect of Iran. He has been a member of the Assembly of Experts since 1999, member of the Expediency Council since 1991, member of the Supreme National Security Council since 1989, and head of the Center for Strategic Research since 1992.
- Banjō Ginga: Japanese voice actor
- Umberto Giordano: Italian composer, mainly of operas.
- Japanese Premier Hideki Tojo sentenced to death by war crimes tribunal
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- Buttons and Bows - Betty Garrett (Art Mooney Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?