Thursday 12 November 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Carl-W Rohrig: German esoteric and surrealist painter, member of the Church of Scientology.
- Vasilis Karras: Greek singer.
- Abraham Kasparian: American politician, former Hampden County commissioner who allegedly stabbed his wife three times in a public restaurant, mid-2002.
- Baaba Maal: Senegalese singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- David Ben-Gurion, resigns as Premier of Israel
- US district Judge Grim rules NFL can black out TV home games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 November 1953 and get them!