Saturday 12 November 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie McKeown and Les McKeown.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Leslie McKeown: Rock vocalist (Bay City Rollers-Saturday Night).
- Les McKeown: Scottish rock musician, singer, guitarist and member of the band, "Bay City Rollers.
- Louan Gideon: American actress (d. 2014).
- Katharine Weber: American author and academic.
- Alfred Hajos: Hungarian swimmer (Born 1878).
- 1st West German officers sworn in
- Date returned to in Back to the Future andBack to the Future II
- E Arcaro, E Sande and G Woolf first inductees in Jockey hall of fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?