Wednesday 12 November 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Deydier and Gilbert Melki.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1958 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Brigitte Deydier: French retired judoka, who is an officer of the Legion of Honour.
- Gilbert Melki: French actor, widely known for his role in "La Vérité si je mens".
- Megan Mullally: American actress and singer.
- Nick Stellino: Italian-born American television chef.
- Mykola Vynnychenko: Ukrainian race walker.
- Bob Turley of Yankees wins Cy Young Award
- A team of rock climbers led by Warren Harding completes the first ascent of The Nose on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?