Tuesday 12 November 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Knorr and Glenn Gilbertti.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Yellow Submarine, directed by George Dunning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Randy Knorr: San Gabriel, California -- Catcher (Houston Astros).
- Glenn Gilbertti: American professional wrestler.
- Lisa Biritz: Dutch dolphin whisperer and therapist.
- Sammy Sosa: Dominican-American baseball player who set records by hitting homeruns No.
- Kathleen Hanna: American singer and songwriter.
- Nick D'Virgilio: American drummer (Big Big Train and Spock's Beard)
- Aya Hisakawa: Japanese voice actress and singer
- Disco Inferno: American wrestler and manager
- Sharon Shannon: Irish accordion player and fiddler (The Waterboys)
- Aaron Stainthorpe: English-German singer-songwriter (My Dying Bride)
- KSEL (now KAMC) TV channel 28 in Lubbock, TX (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Supreme Court declares Arkansas law banning teaching evolution in public schools unconstitutional
- Equatorial Guinea joins the United Nations.
- Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District is argued before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?