Wednesday 12 November 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Um Mundo Catita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 19420: Joint Strike or Best of Tests DS.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 12 November 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 November
- The US Treasury decides not to use money of the Troubled Asset Relief Program to buy mortgage-backed securities, but instead to directly inject cash into selected banks.
- A judge in Taipei, Taiwan, rules that the former President Chen Shui-bian, should be held in jail while prosecutors seek his conviction on charges of money laundering and corruption. (''The New York Times'')
- India's Chandrayaan-1 lunar exploration mission successfully completes its journey to the Moon, entering its intended operational orbit above the surface. (CNN-IBN)
- 2008 Russian financial crisis:
- Russia's two main stock exchanges are suspended for one hour after the market opened with a more than 10% decline in response to trends on global markets and falling oil prices. (Interfax via OnNet.pl Biznes)
- Trade in Russian shares has been shifting to London traded Global Depositary Receipts during frequent suspensions in Moscow, dictated by rules imposed by the regulator to reduce volatility on Moscow's increasingly illiquid stock market. (Forbes)
- India successfully test fires the first Sagarika submarine-launched ballistic missile from a land-based launcher. (''The Times of India'')
- North Korea announces that it will close its land border with South Korea on December 1, 2008. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?