Thursday 12 November 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatcha Say by Jason DeRulo.
The Blind Side, directed by John Lee Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 November 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 November
- The US Mint releases the 2009 Lincoln, Presidency cent to circulation.
- The discovery of two sunken World War II Japanese submarines off Oahu, Hawaii, is announced. (The Christian Science Monitor)
- United States Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan will face 13 charges of murder for the Fort Hood shooting. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- United States Federal prosecutors begin legal action to seize properties owned by the Alavi Foundation on the grounds that it has ties with Iran. (''New York Times'')
- In the Glasgow North East by-election, voters pick Labour candidate Willie Bain as the replacement for former Speaker of the British House of Commons Michael Martin. (BBC News)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev calls for an overhaul of the Russian economy and democratic modernisation in an annual state of nation address. (ITAR-TASS)
- The head of the Sri Lankan armed forces Sarath Fonseka resigns over reports he is suspected to contest the next presidential election. (AP)
- U.S.-based rights group Human Rights Watch accuses Chinese authorities of running illegal ampquotblack jailsampquot where Chinese citizens are detained for bringing up local complaints. (''The Independent'')
- Sheikh Mohamed Abdi Aware, a Somali judge known for issuing tough sentences to pirates and Islamists, is shot dead in Somalia's Puntland region. (Press TV)
- At least 18 people are killed in an illegal mine collapse in western Ghana, Ghana's most devastating mining tragedy. (RTÉ)
- Thousands of Maoist supporters demonstrate in an anti-government protest in Nepal over the President's decision to overrule attempts to sack the head of the army. (''The Himalayan Times'')
- Former President of Palau Tommy Remengesau is convicted of 12 ethics code violations. (RNZI)
- The government of Venezuela nationalizes the Fama de America and Cafea coffee producers. (Businessweek)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 November 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?