Friday 12 November 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 November
- A convoy carrying Chinese mine workers is attacked in Cabinda Province, Angola, killing two soldiers. (BBC)
- Major Italian cultural attractions are closed as the government plans to cut its culture budget as part of austerity measures. (BBC)
- Dublin Zoo upsets some people with red hair by offering free entry to young redheads in honour of Orangutan Awareness Week. (''Irish Independent'')
- The 23rd consecutive season of American cartoon ''The Simpsons'' is announced. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- G20 summit
- Leaders from Germany, France and the United Kingdom hold an emergency meeting at the 2010 G-20 Seoul summit after panic selling of Irish debt spreads to Spain and Portugal. (Reuters)
- The leaders agree to avoid ampquotcompetitive devaluationampquot and to develop ampquotindicative guidelinesampquot to tackle trade imbalances. (BBC)
- Brazil begins auctioning parts of the Amazon Rainforest to private companies for logging. (CNN)
- Eurozone economic growth slows in third quarter. (Hurriyet Daily)
- United Kingdom holiday company Pontin's goes into administration. (''Financial Times'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama's administration announces plans to nominate Joseph Smith to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Smith has been the banks commissioner in North Carolina since 2002. (Reuters)
- Bing Search for Android now available in market. (Mobileburn)
- 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak:
- The United Nations appeals for nearly $164 million to fund the battle against Haiti's outbreak of cholera as hospitals overflow and space and time run out. (BBC)
- Haitians demonstrate, saying their government, the United Nations and aid workers have all failed to protect them. (Al Jazeera)
- Ten elderly people die and seventeen are injured following a fire in a nursing home in Pohang, South Korea. (Yonhap)
- Mount Bulusan, a volcano in the Phillippines, erupts again. (''The Inquirer'')
- An intense European windstorm in the British Isles kills an elderly woman and brings gusts exceeding 160 km/h. (UPI.com)
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has arrived in Sofia for talks with his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov. (Novinite)
- Nigeria is to question an Iranian citizen over a shipment of arms seized in Lagos, warning that it could report Iran to the United Nations Security Council if sanctions had been breached. (IBTimes Hong Kong)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?