Saturday 12 November 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Next List.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Empires Online or All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 November 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 November
- Syrian uprising:
- The Arab League votes to suspend Syria over its violent suppression of the Syrian uprising, pledging new sanctions and urging member states to withdraw ambassadors from Damascus. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Reuters reports that crowds have attacked the Saudi Arabian embassy in Damascus and the French and Turkish consulates in Latakia. (Reuters)
- Nine civilians are killed by a bomb explosion on a bus in Laghman province in eastern Afghanistan in a suspected Taliban attack. (CNN)
- Two massive explosions occur at a Revolutionary Guard ammunition depot western of the Iranian capital, Tehran at least 17 people, including a senior commander, are killed according to Iranian state media. Mossad assumed responsible. (''The Washington Post'')
- A suspected Islamist attacker kills seven people in the southern Kazakh city of Taraz before blowing himself up. (''The New York Times'')
- The Democratic Republic of Congo and South Africa sign an accord to develop a mega-hydroelectric plant on the Congo river to address their nations' growing energy needs. (AFP)
- Response to IAEA report on Iran's nuclear program:
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton demands that Iran respond soon to the ampquotserious concernsampquot raised by the International Atomic Energy Agency report that Iran appeared to be working on nuclear bomb technology. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Prosecutors at the U.N.-backed Special Tribunal for Lebanon set up to prosecute the killers of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri ask judges to defer a decision to hold a trial ''in absentia'' for four Hezbollah members indicted in Hariri's assassination. (''The Washington Post'')
- Silvio Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister of Italy to make way for an emergency government to address the country's economic crisis thousands of Italians celebrate his departure in street demonstrations. (''The Independent'')
- In athletics, the International Association of Athletics Federations names Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Sally Pearson of Australia as its World Athletes of the Year. (IAAF)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?