Saturday 12 October 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adolphus Braeckeveldt and Maurice Brunetaud.
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1912 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 October 1912
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?