Friday 12 October 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Gay Divorcee, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1934 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Pino Caruso: Italian actor, author and TV-personality, who debuted as a dramatic stage actor in his home town in 1957.
- Thomas Judge: American politician and the 18th Governor of Montana from 1973 to 1981.
- Richard Meier: American architect, winner of the Pritzker Prize, the highest accolade of architecture on 4/17/1984.
- Lucy Smith: Norwegian jurist, professor, and rector at the University of Oslo.
- Thomas : Helena Politician.
- : American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2012)
- Albert Shiryaev: Russian mathematician and academic
- Oğuz Atay: Turkish engineer and author (d. 1977)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?