Saturday 12 October 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hands Across the Table, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1935 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Sam Moore: Miami, Florida -- Rock vocalist (Sam & Dave-Soul Sister).
- Luciano Pavarotti: Italian operatic tenor, a superstar whose hundreds of recordings and international appearances have made him the best-known opera star of all time, eclipsing even Caruso.
- Pascale Audret: French actress who starred in over 25 domestic films between 1955 and 1968.
- Don Howe: English footballer and manager (d. 2015).
- Samuel Moore: American singer-songwriter (Sam & Dave).
- Shivraj Patil: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Defence
- Tony Kubek: American sportscaster and baseball player, shortstop for the Yankees from 1957-65, playing in six World Series. During 1957, Kubek was the A.L. Rookie of the Year, and he continued to show his versatility as a player throughout the eight seasons he spent with the Yankees. In 1961, he set a Yankee record, cracking 38 doubles, and after returning from the U.S. Army in late 1962 he delivered a three-run home run.
- Cole Porters musical Jubilee, premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?