Friday 12 October 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1951 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Bernie Ruoff in West Germany Canadian Football League kicker (Winnipeg Blue Bombers: Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Sally Little: Cape Town, South Africa -- LPGA golfer (1982 Dinah Shore).
- Ed Royce: American businessman and politician.
- Darryl Anka: American mystic, a channeler who has been the voice of Bashar, an extraterrestrial consciousness since 1983.
- Simon Kimbangu / Kibangu: Congo prophet, dies in captivity at 62.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?