Saturday 12 October 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Zordich and Randy Wood.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1963 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Michael Zordich: NFL strong safety (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Randy Wood: American athlete, a pro hockey player, he played with several teams including the Springfield Indians and the New York Islanders between the years 1986 and 1992.
- Lane Frost: American professional bull rider (d. 1989).
- Raimond Aumann: German footballer.
- Hideki Fujisawa: Japanese composer.
- Satoshi Kon: Japanese animator and screenwriter (d. 2010)
- Dave Legeno: English actor and mixed martial artist (d. 2014)
- Alan McDonald: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- Luis Polonia: Dominican baseball player
- Student Gypsy closes at 84th St. Theater NYC after 16 performances
- At 4 AM, traffic on Bay Bridge is 1-way on each deck
- Archaeological digs begin at Masada, Israel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Ray Charles - Busted
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?