Monday 12 October 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
Send Me No Flowers, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1964 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Darrick Heath: Hempstead, New York -- Team handball left back (1996 Olympics).
- Jo Ann Willette: Actress (Constance-Just 10 of Us, Real Genius).
- J Howard Frazer: USTA pres, dies in office.
- 1st time 3 people in space
- KCSM TV channel 60 in San Mateo-SF, CA (PBS) begins
- Launch of Voskhod 1, 1st 3 man crew (Komarov, Feokistov, Yegorov)
- Voskhod 1 launched: 1st flight with 3 Cosmonauts
- WSBK TV channel 38 in Boston, MA (IND / ABC / CBS / NBC) begin
- WUCM TV channel 19 in University Center, MI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The Soviet Union launches the Voskhod 1 into Earth orbit as the first spacecraft with a multi-person crew and the first flight without space suits
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) - The Beach Boys
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 October 1964 and get them!