Monday 12 October 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Beth Keller and Herman Arvie.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Journalistin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1970 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Amy Beth Keller: Great Bend, Kansas -- Miss America (Kansas-Top 10-1996).
- Herman Arvie: NFL tackle (Cleveland Browns).
- Karen Courtland: Orange, New Jersey -- Pairs skaters (1994 Olympics).
- Kirk Cameron in Panorama City: California, USA; actor (Mike - Growing Pains).
- Kimberly Hoskins in Yuma: Arizona, USA; Miss Arizona-America (1991).
- Cláudia Abreu: Portuguese actress seen in soap operas, theater and cinema.
- Kirk Cameron: American actor, best known for his role as the wholesome son on the popular ABC sitcom, "Growing Pains." He received two Golden Globe nominations during his seven years on the show. The series ended its successful seven-year run in 1992.
- Julian : Chilean-American porn actor and director
- Origa : Russian-Japanese singer (d. 2015)
- Patrick Musimu: Belgian diver and physiotherapist (d. 2011)
- Tanyon Sturtze: American baseball player
- Charlie Ward: NBA guard (NY Knicks) / Heisman Trophy winner (1993)
- Mustafa Zaidi: Pakistani poet (Born 1930).
- Rock Memorabilia Auction at Filmore East
- Vietnam War: US President Richard Nixon announces that the United States will withdraw 40,000 more troops before Christmas
- Canada and the People's Republic of China establish diplomatic relations.
- Saeb Salam forms a government in Lebanon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- Free - All Right Now
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- Dawn - Candida
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?