Tuesday 12 October 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bronzel Miller and Pavol Rybar.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Murmur of the Heart, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1971 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Bronzel Miller: WLAF linebacker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Pavol Rybar: Hockey goaltender (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Ahn Jae Wook: South Korean actor and composer.
- Rahim Khan: Swiss-born offspring of noted family, the eldest son of Prince Karim Aga Khan and his first wife Princess Salimah.
- Tony Fiore: American baseball player.
- Steve Johnston: Australian motorcycle racer
- Bronzell Miller: American football player and actor (d. 2013)
- Dean G Acheson: US Foreign Minister (1949-53), dies at 78.
- Jesus Christ Superstar opens at Mark Hellinger NYC for 711 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 October 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?