Saturday 12 October 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Graham and Jessica Shannon.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something was in the top 5 hits.
Sleepers, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Make the Connection by Bob Greene, Oprah Winfre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Fat Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus or Disruptor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1996!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1996 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:12 October
- David Gilroy Bevan: Politician, dies at 86.
- Pavel Alexandrovich Solovyov: Aero-engine designer, dies at 79.
- Trevor Illtyd williams: Scientific writer, dies at 75.
- Rene Lacoste: French tennis player (Born 1904).
- Roger Lapebie: French cyclist (Born 1911).
- Vernon Elliott: English bassoon player composer and conductor (d. 1996)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- AZ Yet - Last Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?