Thursday 12 October 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Prestige, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peter Capusotto y sus videos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Company of Heroes or Dave Mirra BMX Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 12 October 2006 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 October
- Gillo Pontecorvo: Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- The Federal Reserve finds that economic growth in the United States is ampquotmoderate or mixedampquot with ampquotwidespread coolingampquot in the housing market. (Fox News)
- Members of the Janjaweed militia attack Sudanese refugees from the Darfur region in eastern Chad. (BBC).
- Nine Palestinians have been killed during an Israeli raid in the Gaza Strip, reports say. (BBC)
- The French parliament adopts a bill criminalizing Armenian genocide denial, despite significant lobbying efforts by the Government of Turkey. (BBC)
- The New Zealand Auditor-General's report into 2005 election funding is released. NZ$1.17 million dollars was unlawfully spent during the election by seven parties, more than half of it by Labour. Labour immediately promises to repay the money. (NZ Herald)
- Iraq insurgency:
- A gun attack on the office of a satellite TV station in Baghdad kills 11 people. (BBC)
- Sir Richard Dannatt, Chief of the General Staff and head of the British Army, gives an interview stating that British forces should ampquotget out some time soonampquot from Iraq as their presence ampquotexacerbates the security problemsampquot. (BBC)
- Workers begin demolishing the one-room Amish schoolhouse in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania where five girls were shot to death and five others were injured. (Forbes)
- Turkish writer Orhan Pamuk, whose novels discover ampquotnew symbols for the clash and interlacing of culturesampquot, wins the 2006 Nobel Prize in Literature. (The Washington Post)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?