Sunday 12 October 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, directed by Mark Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ADK Tamashii or Boogie Superstar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 12 October 2008 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 October
- Karl Chircop: Maltese politician (Born 1965).
- Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup win the 2008 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 for Ford and Triple 8.
- The Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd announces that the Government of Australia will guarantee all deposits in all Australian banks for three years as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis. (ABC News Australia)
- New Zealand and the United Arab Emirates will also guarantee all bank deposits in their banks. (RTÉ News)
- Alphonsa Muttathupadathu, a nun from Kerala, becomes India's first female saint in the Roman Catholic Church. (VoA)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 October 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?