Wednesday 12 October 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 October 2011 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 October
- Burmese comedian, actor and dissident Zarganar is released as part of an amnesty by the government of Myanmar for over 6,000 dissidents. (AP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of New Zealand John Key warns that the container ship which ran agound on Astrolabe Reef a week ago could break up as oil slicks have appeared on beaches near Tauranga. (New Zealand Stuff)
- The death toll from the 2011 United States listeriosis outbreak reaches a total of 23 dead with 116 affected, making it the deadliest outbreak of foodborne illness in the U.S. in 25 years. (''Minneapolis Star Tribune'')
- At least eight people are killed and one is seriously injured in a shooting at a hair salon in Seal Beach, California, USA. (Associated Press)
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian man also known as the ampquotunderwear bomberampquot, pleads guilty to attempting to blow up an airliner on Christmas Day 2009 in a trial in the U.S. city of Detroit, Michigan. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Carbon tax in Australia:
- The House of Representatives of Australia passes the Gillard government's carbon tax legislation. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- More than 85 people are removed from the Parliament during Question Time while protesting at the passage of the legislation. (''Herald-Sun'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?