Monday 12 September 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Pack Up Your Troubles, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 12 September 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 12 September 1932 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
See other famous people born on 12 September
Werner Durrson: German poet, writer, dramatist and translator.
Atli Dam: Faroese engineer and politician 5th Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands (d. 2005).
- German government of Papen falls / Reichstag dissolved
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Johnny Frederick hits his record 6th pinch-hit home run.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Henry L. Stevens Jr. -- Sep. 12, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1967
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Count Yasuya Uchida -- Sep. 5, 1932
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
A New York Times Bestselling Author A Pulitzer Prize-winning Author A Nobel Prize-winning Author Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored father tells of the ...
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 12 September 1932 is such a special date for you!