Thursday 12 September 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger K Crouch and Susan Sennett in Santa Monica.
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1940 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Roger K Crouch: Jamestown, Tennessee -- Astronaut (STS 83, 94).
- Susan Sennett in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Big Bad Mama).
- Stephen J: Solarz; American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York).
- Linda Gray in Santa Monica: California, USA; actress (Sue Ellen Ewing - Dallas).
- Stephen J Solarz: American politician (d. 2010).
- Carla Berlusconi: Italian noted wife of Silvio Berlusconi whom she married in Milan 5/06/1965; two kids. He maintained many lovers, all actresses and singers who worked for him in TV. In 1980 he began an affair with Veronica, which led to a separation and divorce 1990.
- Mickey Lolich: American former professional baseball player. He played in Major League Baseball as a pitcher from 1962 until 1979, most notably for the Detroit Tigers. He is best known for his performance in the 1968 World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals when he won three games, including a victory over Bob Gibson in the climactic Game 7. He is of Croatian origin.
- Gerard Renon: French business executive. After graduating from the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, he served as Director of the Charbonnages de France, 1976-79 and was Advisor and director, Assistant director, director and President of the board of trustees of different companies, 1982-86. He continued his executive credits with other major companies and was Secretary of State 1989-1991.
- Michael Lolich: Portland sports Champions
- Linda Gray: TV Actress
- Skip Hinnant: American actor
- Patrick Mower: English actor
- Stephen Solarz: American academic and politician (d. 2010)
- 4 teens, following their dog down a hole near Lascaux France discover 17,000-year-old drawings now known as Lascaux Cave Paintings
- Italian troops enter Egypt
- Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- An explosion at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Kenvil, New Jersey kills 51 people and injures over 200.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?