Wednesday 12 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1951 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Joëlle Léandre: French double bassist, vocalist, and composer active in new music and free improvisation.
- Berty Ahern: Dublin, Ireland -- Prime Minister of Ireland (1997- ).
- Bertie Ahern: Irish politician, leader of the Fianna Fáil party, Ahern was prime Minister (Taoiseach) of Ireland from 26 June 1997 to 7 May 2008.
- Norm Dube: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Norm Dubé: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Ray Gravell: Welsh rugby player and actor (d. 2007)
- Joe Pantoliano: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Actor (Finelli Boys, Fugitive)
- Gerald Stano: American serial killer (Born 1951)
- Ali-Ollie Woodson: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and actor (The Temptations) (d. 2010)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?