Saturday 12 September 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Durand and Nan Goldin.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Robe, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ray Milland Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1953 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Craig Durand: American homicide.
- Nan Goldin: American photographer.
- Fiona Mactaggart: Scottish educator and politician.
- Carnival in Flanders closes at New Century Theater NYC after 6 performances
- Brooklyn Dodgers, clinch NL pennant earlier than any other team
- Sen John F Kennedy, 36, marries Jacqueline Bouvier, 24
- Nikita Khrushchev is elected first secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?