Friday 12 September 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilfredo Benitez and Franco Amurri.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Northwest Passage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1958 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Wilfredo Benitez: in Puerto Rico; boxer (world champion at 17 years 176 days).
- Franco Amurri: Italian film director, producer and screenwriter, best known for directing such films as Da grande, which inspired the Tom Hanks film Big, Monkey Trouble and Flashback.
- Darrell Allums: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season in 1980.
- Wilfred Benítez: American boxer.
- Gregg Edelman: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Green Card).
- US Supreme Court orders Little Rock Ark high school to integrate
- At Texas Instruments in the USA, Jack Kilby demonstrates the world's first integrated circuit, containing five components on a piece of germanium half an inch long and thinner than a toothpick.
- The ABC TV network premieres the Walt Disney Presents TV show.
- Jack Kilby demonstrates the first integrated circuit.
- Jack Kilby invents the first integrated circuit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- The Olympics - Western Movies
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?