Saturday 12 September 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Rarick and Deron Cherry.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Four Just Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1959 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Cindy Rarick: Glenwood, Minnesota -- LPGA golfer (1991 Northgate Computer).
- Deron Cherry: American football player, ranked as one of the finest free safeties to ever play football.
- Scott Brown: American politician, he made headlines when he was elected on the Republican ticket to the Senate seat most recently held by liberal long-time Senator Ted Kennedy.
- Sigmar Gabriel: German politician currently chairing the Social Democratic Party of Germany SPD.
- Luna 2 launched by USSR; 1st spacecraft to impact on Moon
- Premiere of Bonanza, the first regularly-scheduled TV program presented in color.
- The Soviet Union launches a large rocket, Lunik II, at the moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?