Thursday 12 September 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Yasbeck and Giorgio Ginex.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Temple Houston.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1963 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Amy Yasbeck: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Actress (Casey Davenport-Wings, Mask).
- Giorgio Ginex: Italian actor and radio host.
- Paul Bellini: Canadian actor and screenwriter.
- Mervyn A Ellison: British astronomer (spectrohelioscope), dies at 63.
- WHYY TV channel 12 in Wilmington, DE (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?