Saturday 12 September 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1964 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Tracy McMillan: American author, television writer and relationship expert.
- Simon Bowthorpe: English businessman.
- Greg Gutfeld: American television journalist and author.
- Dieter Hecking: German footballer and manager.
- 1st football game at Shea Stadium, Jets defeat Denver 30-6
- Typhoon Gloria strikes Taiwan killing 330, causing $17.5 million damage.
- Canyonlands National Park is designated as a National Park.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?