Sunday 12 September 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1965 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Einstein Kristiansen: Norwegian cartoonist, designer and TV host.
- Vernon Maxwell: NBA guard (Charlotte Hornets).
- Ahmet Taylan: Turkish actor and director.
- John Norwood Fisher: American musician.
- 79th US Womens Tennis: Margaret Smith beats Billie Jean King (86 75)
- 85th US Mens Tennis: Manuel Santana beats Cliff Drysdale (62 79 75 61)
- Manuel Santana wins US Tennis Open
- Mary Mills wins LPGA Eugene Golf Open
- WCEE TV channel 23 in Rockford, IL (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Hurricane Betsy strikes Florida and Louisiana; kills 75.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 17th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Sammy Davis Jr. and Danny Thomas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?