Monday 12 September 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1966 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Darren Burrows: American actor and director.
- Ben Folds: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Ben Folds Five The Bens Fear of Pop and 8in8).
- Vezio Sacratini: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Darren E Burrows: American actor.
- Malu Mader: Brazilian actress in films and TV; the star of "The Justice Seeker," 1997, a new form of reality soap opera deemed "poli-novella.
- Monkees premieres on NBC-TV
- Gemini XI is launched, the penultimate mission of NASA's Gemini program, and the current human altitude record holder (except for the Apollo lunar missions).
- KPNE TV channel 9 in North Platte, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor Michigan begins teaching
- WCES TV channel 20 in Wrens, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WUSF TV channel 16 in Tampa-St Petersburg, Florida (PBS) 1st broadcast
- Gemini 11, the penultimate mission of NASA's Gemini program, and the current human altitude record holder (except for the Apollo lunar missions)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 September 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?