Wednesday 12 September 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Onion Field, directed by Harold Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1979 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 September
- Carl Yastrzemski, is 15th to get 3,000 hits
- Hurricane Frederick hits Mobile Alabama; 5 die and $23 million damage
- Indiana Pacers cut Ann Meyers, 1st woman on an NBA club
- Red Carl Yastrzemski gets his 3,000th hit off Yankee Jim Beattie
- Indonesia is hit with an earthquake that measures 8.1 on the Richter scale.
- Hurricane Frederic makes landfall at 10:00 p.m. on Alabama's Gulf Coast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Chic - Good Times
- Commodores - Sail On
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?