Saturday 12 September 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to La Bamba by Los Lobos.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1987 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Yaroslava Shvedova: Kazakhstani tennis player.
- John Qualen: Canadian-American actor and singer (d. 1987).
- 101st US Womens Tennis: Martina Navratilova beats Steffi Graf (76 61)
- Ethiopia adopts constitution
- Vince Coleman steals his 100th base for third straight year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?