Sunday 12 September 1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Vain by Culture Beat was in the top 5 hits.
The Age of Innocence, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1993!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1993 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Jacob and Zachary Handy: American twin actors.
- HeartAttack: YouTube Star.
- Kelsea Ballerini: Country Singer.
- Raymond Burr: Actor (Perry Mason), dies of liver cancer at 76.
- Willie Mosconi: world champion pool player (1941-57) (dies 1993).
- Charles Lamont: Actor / director (Abbott & Costello movies), dies at 95.
- Harold Innocent: Actor (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves), dies at 60.
- Herman Nieland: Organist / pianist / composer, dies at 82.
- 113rd US Mens Tennis: Pete Sampras beats Cedric Pioline (64 64 63)
- Donna Andrews wins Ping-Cellular One LPGA Golf Championship
- Junxia Cheek runs 3000 m ladies world record (8:12.29)
- Paul Molitor at 37 is oldest to reach 100 RBIs for 1st time in career
- STS-51 (Discovery) launches into orbit
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?