Monday 13 April 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
City Streets, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1931!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1931 ?
- Michel Deville: French filmmaker, a director, producer and screenwriter.
- Beverley Cross: Playwright.
- Michael Burchill: Actor.
- Anita Cerquetti: Italian soprano (d. 2014).
- Dan Gurney: American race car driver and team owner.
- Jon Stone: American composer producer and screenwriter (d. 1997)
- Robert Enrico: Italian-French film editor and director, noted family as the son of a champion cyclist. He became involved in dramatics at the Sorbonne and began his career as an assistant editor and director. In 1952 he began directing short subjects for French TV. During military service in the late '50s, Enrico did documentaries and training films for the French armed forces. He gained international attention in 1961 when his short film "Incident at Owl Creek" won an Oscar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves You - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?