Friday 13 April 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1945 ?
- Edward J Caruthers Jr in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; high jumper (Olympics-silver-1968).
- Stacy Johnson: American singer (Sharpees - "Tired of Being Alone").
- Carlos Gimenez: in Argentina/Venezuela; founder (Theater festival of Caracas).
- Raymond van Geytenbeek: Dutch singer / drummer (Les Baroques).
- Charles Robinson: American actor.
- Tony Dow in Hollywood: California, USA; actor (Wally - Leave it to Beaver).
- Ed Caruthers: American high jumper
- Lowell George: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Little Feat and The Mothers of Invention) (d. 1979)
- Bob Kalsu: American football player and lieutenant (d. 1970)
- Judy Nunn: Australian actress and screenwriter
- Jorge Cervera: Mexican-American waiter, no longer employed after 1983 as he had Karposi's sarcoma. After radiation and chemotherapy, he went into remission and off all medication after June 1984. Normally thin, he gained weight during his illness.
- Pasteur Douce: Belgian business owner of a bookstore that also served as a refuge for homosexuals and pedophiles, when he was kidnapped in July 1990. His body was found months later in the forest of Fontainebleau.
- Tony Dow: American actor who is most known for his performance as Beaver's older brother in the 1957-1963 TV series, "Leave it to Beaver."
- Ernst Cassirer: German philosopher.
- Red Army occupy Wien (Vienna)
- Canadian army liberates Teuge and Assen Netherlands from Germans.
- US marines conquer Minna Shima off Okinawa.
- World War II: German troops kill more than 1,000 political and military prisoners in Gardelegen Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Stuff Like That There - Betty Hutton
- I Don't Care Who Knows It - Harry James & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 April 1945 and get them!