Wednesday 13 April 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kabaka of and Ole von Beust.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damon Runyon Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1955 ?
- Kabaka of: Buganda.
- Ole von Beust: Mayor of Hamburg.
- Louis Johnson in Los Angeles: California, USA; rock bassist/vocalist (Brothers Johnson).
- Ole Von Beust: First mayor of the city-state of Hamburg, from 2001 - 2010.
- Francis Dannemark: Belgian novelist.
- Philippe Lepoivre: French businessman and former engineer, owner of the website Astrotheme.
- Steve Camp: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Louis Johnson: American bass player and producer (The Brothers Johnson) (d. 2015)
- Lupe Pintor: Mexican boxer
- Hideki Saijo: Japanese singer
- 20.33 (51.64 cm) of rainfall, Axis, Alabama (state record)
- 20.33 inches (51.64 cm) of rainfall in Axis, Alabama (state record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?