Friday 13 April 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter 'Possum' Bourne and Michael Nikolay.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1956 ?
- Peter 'Possum' Bourne: New Zealand rally driver (d. 2003).
- Michael Nikolay: in the German Democratic Republic; gymnast (Olympics).
- Possum Bourne: New Zealand race car driver (d. 2003).
- Alan Devonshire: English footballer and manager.
- Edward Smiley: American art thief and map dealer.
- KETA TV channel 13 in Oklahoma City, OK (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?