Saturday 13 April 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1963 ?
- Gary Kimovich Kasparov: USSR -- World chess champion (1985- ).
- Jaymz Bee: Canadian musician known from 1985 to 1994 for his work as lead singer of the group named Look People.
- Garry Kasparov: Soviet chess player and world champion after defeating A. Karpov in 1985.
- Jan Willem van Ede Dutch soccer player (FC Utrecht: PSV).
- Mark Leiter in Joliet: Illinois, USA; pitcher (San Francisco Giants).
- Pete Rose triples for his first major league base hit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Orlons - South Street
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?