Friday 13 April 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- The genome sequence of the Rhesus Macaque monkey is published in the scientific journal ''Science''. (Baylor College of Medicine)
- The Singapore Police Coast Guard suffers its first fatality in decades when two police officers and an illegal migrant are killed after their Interceptor Craft collides with a speedboat ferrying six illegal immigrants during a high-speed pursuit. (SPF)
- The United States Senate holds hearings on the 2007 pet food recalls. (Chicago Tribune)
- A NASA Review Board finds that the Mars Global Surveyor stopped working in November 2006 due to computer programming errors. (New York Times)
- Google reaches a deal with DoubleClick to buy the company for US$3.1 billion. (''New York Times'')
- The Al Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq claims responsibility for yesterday's bombing of the National Assembly of Iraq. (AFP/Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- A police report shows that New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine was not wearing a seatbelt during the hit and run car accident that injured him the day before. (WPVI)
- Ja'afar Adam, a prominent Islamic cleric, is shot dead inside a mosque in Kano, Nigeria. (BBC)
- Thousands of people protest in Islamabad in support of the suspended Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. (CNN)
- A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hits Mexico just north of Acapulco, knocking out power to parts of Mexico City. (AP via MSNBC)
- The Australian Government announces plans to outlaw material such as films and books that advocate terrorism. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?