Tuesday 13 April 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- A 6.9-magnitude earthquake occurs in Qinghai, China, killing at least 2,000 and injuring more than 10,000.
- Nuclear Security Summit:
- President of the United States Barack Obama opening the biggest international meeting hosted by the US since 1945, greets leaders from nearly 50 countries. World leaders at the summit hear dire warnings of the danger of nuclear material falling into the wrong hands. (BBC News)
- The Georgian president, Mikheil Saakashvili, says that his government thwarted an attempt to sell highly-enriched uranium on the black market last month. (The Guardian)
- Hu Jintao, President of the People's Republic of China, meets with President Barack Obama to discuss Iran's nuclear program. (CNN)
- A bar of radioactive Cobalt-60 found in a New Dehli market causes life-threatening radiation sickness in one person and contingency measures from the authorities. (ampquotThe Faster Timesampquot)
- Kyrgyzstan's ousted president Kurmanbek Bakiyev says he will resign if the interim government guarantees his family's safety. (Al Jazeera)
- A huge glacier breaks off and plunges into a lake in Peru sparking a 23-metre high tsunami wave that destroyed a nearby town. The massive chunk of ice - around the size of four football pitches - tumbled into the '513 lake' in the Andes near Carhuaz, around 200 miles north of Lima. (''The Peruvian Times'')
- Israel tells all of its citizens visiting the Sinai Peninsula to leave immediately after Israeli intelligence warns that a terror cell may be planning to kidnap an Israeli national and bring him to Gaza. (''The Telegraph'')
- A group of Lebanese politicians play a match of association football to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Lebanese Civil War. AFP
- The body of Poland's First Lady, Maria Kaczyńska, is flown to Warsaw to lie in state alongside that of her husband, President Lech Kaczyński. Poland has seen an outpouring of grief since the couple and scores of other senior Polish officials died in a plane crash in western Russia on Saturday. (Xinhua)
- 11 people are killed in Isabela City, Philippines, after 25 suspected members of the Abu Sayyaf extremist group clash with security forces. (CNN)
- UK General Election countdown
- All 103 passengers and crew escape alive after a Boeing 737-300 overruns the runway at Rendani Airport, Manokwari, Indonesia. (''Aviation Herald'')
- A mentally ill man goes on a stabbing rampage outside a primary school in southern China, killing two and wounding five. (The Telegraph)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?